Documents You Must Carry, Do’s and Don’ts at the Polling Booth for Karnataka Assembly Elections 2023
The Karnataka assembly elections are just around the corner, and it is necessary for all the voters to be aware of the important documents that they need to carry with them to the polling booth. Apart from this, there are certain do’s and don’ts that every voter must keep in mind while casting their vote. In this article, we will discuss the documents that are required to be carried, the do’s and don’ts to be followed at the polling booth, and much more.
Documents You Must Carry
The most important document that a voter must carry to the polling booth is their voter ID card. Apart from the voter ID card, the following documents can also be presented as proof of identity:
– Driving license
– PAN card
– Aadhaar card
It is essential for the voters to note that carrying any one of these documents is mandatory for casting their vote.
Do’s at the Polling Booth
Here are a few things that every voter must keep in mind while casting their vote:
– Carry your voter ID card or any other valid proof of identity.
– Reach the polling booth on time.
– Identify your polling booth and the polling officer who will be issuing the ballot.
– Verify your name and other details in the electoral roll before proceeding to cast your vote.
– Use the inked finger to mark your choice on the ballot paper.
– Fold the ballot paper correctly and hand it over to the polling officer before leaving the booth.
Don’ts at the Polling Booth
Here are a few things that every voter must avoid doing while casting their vote:
– Do not carry any electronic gadgets or mobile phones inside the polling booth.
– Do not campaign for any political party or candidate while inside the polling booth.
– Do not argue or create any disturbance at the polling booth.
– Do not try to interfere with other voters while they are casting their vote.
– Do not reveal your vote to anyone.
The Karnataka assembly elections are an important event for the people of the state, and it is their duty to participate in the election process by casting their vote. It is essential for every voter to be aware of the important documents that they need to carry to the polling booth and the do’s and don’ts that they must follow while casting their vote. We hope that this article has provided you with all the necessary information that you need to participate in the upcoming Karnataka assembly elections.