Viral Video Shows E-Scooter Bursting Into Flames In A London House
A shocking video has emerged from London showing an e-scooter catching fire and bursting into flames inside a house. The video, which has gone viral on social media, shows the e-scooter igniting and producing thick clouds of smoke, while a group of people can be seen trying to put out the fire.
In the video, the e-scooter appears to be charging when it catches fire. The person recording the video can be heard saying, “the battery just went boom.”
The incident has raised concerns about the safety of e-scooters, which have become increasingly popular in cities around the world. Many people are choosing e-scooters over traditional modes of transportation such as cars, bikes, and public transport due to their convenience and eco-friendliness.
However, incidents such as these highlight the potential dangers associated with e-scooters. They are powered by lithium-ion batteries, which are known to be prone to overheating and catching fire if they are not handled properly.
The London Fire Brigade has issued a warning to e-scooter owners, urging them to be cautious when charging their vehicles. They have advised people to never leave their e-scooters charging unattended, and to use the charging equipment provided by the manufacturer.
In addition, the London Fire Brigade has also warned people against buying cheap and unbranded e-scooters, which may not meet safety standards and can prove to be dangerous.
The incident has also prompted many people to call for tighter regulations on e-scooters. Currently, e-scooters are illegal to use on public roads and pavements in the UK, but they are still widely used by people who flout the law. The UK government is currently conducting trials of e-scooters in several cities to determine whether they can be legalized for public use.
It is important for people to understand the risks associated with using e-scooters and to take necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Simple steps such as using the manufacturer-approved charging equipment and never leaving e-scooters charging unattended can go a long way in mitigating the risks of fires.
In addition, it is imperative for governments to regulate the use of e-scooters to ensure that they meet safety standards and pose no danger to people and the environment. The use of e-scooters should be properly monitored and regulated to prevent incidents such as the one seen in the viral video.